In addition to the two introductory courses that are part of the business core, the accounting major requires the following courses:
- AC 310 Cost Management
- AC 311 Financial Accounting and Reporting I
- AC 312 Financial Accounting and Reporting II
- AC 340 Accounting Information Systems
- AC 350 Federal Taxation
- AC 412 Advanced Accounting
- AC 470 Financial Statement Auditing or AC 472 Internal Auditing
Select one accounting elective:
- AC 331 Government and Not For Profit Reporting
- AC 332 Fraud Examination
- AC 381 International Accounting
- AC 410 Advanced Topics in Cost Management
- AC 421 Internship
- AC 440 Design and Control of Enterprise Systems
- AC 450 Advanced Federal Taxation
- AC 475 Information Technology Auditing
- AC 470 Financial Statement Auditing or AC 472 Internal Auditing if not taken as part of the AC required courses.
Suggested Course Progression for the accounting degree program.
Learning Goals and Objectives
Learn more about the learning goals and objectives for the Accountancy major.