Professor Mary Wright, English Dept., AAC 095
ext. 2055, firstname.lastname@example.org
To make an appointment, e-mail Professor Mary Wright or stop by AAC 095 and sign up on her office door.
Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To strive for academic excellence while studying at the McCallum Graduate School of Business at Bentley University, the graduate school offers you the following no fee very comprehensive set of international graduate student academic tutorials:
Fifteen hours weekly of one-on-one tutorials with English Professor, Mary Wright, during the academic semesters (fall and spring) and 10 hours weekly one-on-one tutorials during summer sessions.
International graduates have a dedicated English professor tutor who will work with you on the following academic skills:
- Writing: bring your completed class papers by for review of your grammar and organization.
- Grammar: Individualized grammar lessons will be given to you so you can improve on any errors once and for all.
- Executive Level Vocabulary Development: You will be able to join small group sessions where you can work on and develop your high level executive vocabulary and idioms.
- Presentation Skills: Present a practice presentation with or without PowerPoint slides and receive professional feedback on your performance immediately with a Presentation Feedback handout given to you on the day you do your practice presentation. Repeat your presentation until you feel comfortable.
- Pronunciation: Polish your professional English speaking skills by receiving a professional assessment of your speaking pronunciation, diction, cadence, and stress and intonation. You will be given a detailed set of instructions on which vowels or consonants need work. You will receive a booklet of lessons to work on based on your individual needs and based on your native language's typical pronunciation errors. You will be able to practice the aural lessons in our state of the art language lab facility, CLIC. The McCallum Graduate School of Business has a unique Accent Reduction Program that will greatly improve your professional speaking ability. See the ACCENT REDUCTION program description for further details.
- Speaking Practice: You will be able to make appointments to visit Prof. Mary Wright and practice everyday speaking or business speaking specifically. Discussions based on current articles from the Wall Street Journal are common. In addition to this form of speaking practice, the McCallum Graduate School also offers the Conversation Partners Match-Up Program where you will be matched with an American for further one-on-one conversations. See that program's description for further details.
- Graduate Classroom Dynamics: International graduates will be able to learn about the teaching pedagogical practices of American higher education and be ready for classroom encounters whether from the professors or from fellow graduate students. Learn how to jump into classroom discussions to improve your class participation grade. Also, learn how to overcome certain cultural barriers to participating actively in an American classroom setting.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Receive a detailed critique of your resumes and cover letters based on the graduate school models implemented by the Office of Career Services at Bentley University. Get your resume and cover letters in perfect shape to present to the Office of Career Services for job postings.
- Job Interview Practice: Numerous detailed and very helpful handouts will be given to get you ready for your real job interviews. Come in and practice your mock job interviews with real life questions being asked of you by the graduate school tutor, Professor Mary Wright, who has had many years of practice preparing graduate students for job preparation.
Whatever your academic needs, the McCallum Graduate School of Business at Bentley University stands ready to assist you in reaching your highest level of academic achievement through our numerous comprehensive tutorials. You are only one e-mail click away from achieving your goals!